As a valuable member of our retail community in the South Shore District, I am requesting your consideration of sponsorship of the Nova Scotia Drag Racing Association (NSDRA) located in Greenfield, Nova Scotia.
The NSDRA- Celebrating 11 years of Motorsports on the South Shore!
The NSDRA operates the Greenfield Dragway located at the South Shore Regional Airport. The association provides drag racing events once per month between May and October of each calendar year. One of the mandates is to promote and provide a safe competition facility and help keep racing off the streets.
- Five scheduled weekend events for 2014
- 175 race vehicle average per weekend and peaking to 292 vehicles during our October 2009 race.
- 800- 1,200 spectators per weekend traveling from many locations in the Maritime Provinces
- Radio, newspaper, poster, flyer and web-based advertising and promotion for all events
2014 Event Schedule
- May 23-25 - Season opening points race
- June 13-15 - Second points race- ADRA series and ACSSA stock / superstock
- July 4-6 - Third points race & Atlantic Pro Tree Seies
- August 15-17 - Fourth points race- Including the annual BIG DOLLAR Bracket Bash
- September 19-21 - Final points series race and ACSSA stock / superstock finals
It is important to note that our spectators stay in local hotels, eat in local restaurants, buy performance parts and shop in the LOCAL retail district. Our mandate is to provide entertainment and encourage community involvement in a controlled setting.
As a major company in our district that provides goods and services to our local residents please consider supporting our cause. You can view our sponsorship opportunities by pdf clicking here (PDF) (841 KB) .
Doug Decker, Treasurer NSDRA